Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My First Night Coaching At Collège Jean-De-Brébeuf!

Last night I held my first practice as head coach of Brébeuf. It started off slow because I only had 3 girls on 20 that had previous cheerleading experience. The practice started off with an introduction of myself and a fast description of my cheerleading experience as both an athlete and a coach. I then proceded to teaching them the first basic cheerleading stunt called a double base. I only wanted to teach them one stunt so that they could get the hang of the technique as well as timing. Then I proceeded to the evaluation of three basic jumps, the toe-touch, the pike and the right and left hurdler.

After all the stunt and jump evaluations we then proceeded to the sizing of our practice uniforms that are going to be made by Kick's Cheerleading www.kickscheerleading.ca a Quebec based cheerleading apparel company.

Overall the first practice went really well, the group of girls have massive amounts of potential and I look forward to the season!

No comments: